To learn about the graphic design profession and client relationships through textbook reading and other assignments. To explore resources for information literacy, visual literacy, inspiration, productivity and communication. To become proficient with digital tools for productivity and communication. To become independent lifelong learners.
Using discussion forums, students will work in teams to check each other's reading comprehension of the required textbook Design Thinking for Visual Communication. You will also be assigned weekly video tutorial(s) on Lynda.com. Parkland provides free access to Lynda.com for all current students.
Note: This is a peer-reviewed assignment. The quality of the work you do will be graded by your classmates. Extra credit is also available for student who do additional tutorials when prompted in Cobra.
- Login to your Cobra Learning account every week via my.parkland.edu or cobra.parkland.edu
- Select "CONTENT," then select the assignment for the week and follow the instructions
- When prompted, login to your Lynda.com account and watch and/or do the Lynda tutorial(s) assigned. Make JPEGs showing the results of your finished tutorial file(s) when prompted. Upload the JPEGs as attachments to your post.
- Post your completed assignment by Wednesday (spelling, grammar and clarity of thought count!)
- Read and respond to at least 6 of your classmates by Saturday (respond to your team members first, then respond to posts that have the least number of responses)
- While responding to your classmates' posts, score their homework assignment by assigning one to five stars to their posts based on the grading rubric below
- Optional: If you want extra credit, feel free to do another design-related Lynda tutorial of your choice once a week and submit the results in the "Lynda Extra Credit" discussion forum (be sure to choose a tutorial that is not assigned for this class). "Claim" your tutorial(s) early by starting a new thread(s) in this forum (first come, first served; no duplication, please).
Your initial post is due Wednesday at 11:30pm of every week. You must also respond to your teammates' posts by the following Saturday at 11:30pm.
Note: Homework assignments are graded pass/fail. Full credit will be given each week only if both parts of the assignment are completed on time.